Air quality information for Sheffield (GB)

Thanks. I just updated all the custom “map”-dashboards for BE, IT and GB to use PM2.5 data instead of PM10.

I updated your post #11 once more, where all the URLs have been amended by

a) removing all the from=, to= and refresh= parameters in order to use the default settings and
b) adding the theme=light parameter.

Dear Andreas,

Thank you, just to confirm, the panels work now on dev website. You’re a star!

Can I request to whitelist https://sheffieldair.co.uk/ as well please, my bad. The site is actually live here till we obtain .ac.uk domain from JISC. Thanks so much.

Kind regards,
Rohit

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Embedding Grafana Panels into Wordpress pages with Elementor Theme

Excellent. However, I believe there are some quirks yet, see Embedding Grafana Panels into Wordpress pages with Elementor Theme.

Done.

Hello Andreas, Good Morning. I was just going through the map panels on the GB dahboard. While you have changed it to PM2.5 and when I hover on any sensor points - it does show the PM2.5 measurements, but in brackets say P10. Maybe some text needs to change?

Kind regards,
Rohit

Thanks for spotting this. I’ve just changed those labels.

1 Like

Lovely, thanks.
I have added a modified ‘About’ panel copied from the dashboards to give the credits on the website, Hope this is okay, please let me know if any changes required.
Is there a way to improve the loading of the dashboard? Currently, It takes roughly 23 seconds on my computer.

While it takes roughly 15 seconds on my machine, I well hear you that there is definitively room for improvements.

I’ve just created Improve Grafana panel load times for keeping track of this issue. As this will need us to go back to the machine room and maybe rethink and adjust things we have been conceiving some years ago already, I humbly ask for your understanding that this will probably need some time to be resolved.

1 Like

No problem, thanks. It is a low of data processed.

You are welcome. Thank you for adding the credits.

At some point in the future, we might want to look into whether animations covering specific time ranges would make sense for your presentations by applying some more amount of wizardry on a different angle, see also grafanimate ff.

1 Like

Some initial feedback:

One of my colleagues pointed out, that while the title of the panel says PM2.5 it displays both PM10 and PM2.5; And the legend could be called P2.5 P10 for everyone to understand? The panels from generic trend dashboard are lovely with weather, but it’s site-wise whereas the generic map has aggregated readings which is handy. Are there any plans on improving this?

Thank you for the feedback and greetings to your colleagues.

Sure. Fixed.

I fear that question is a bit beyond what I might be able to answer appropriately, so I want to humbly ping @wtf to ask him if he could add some thoughts.

Q: Does it actually display any weather data for GB?

Thanks Andreas for fixing it.

It does display humidity and temperature data, really nice.

The gauges’ color codes could be updated though to reflect WHO and EU limits unless the current colour codes indicate something different? For example:

• PM2.5: 10 and 25
  • PM10: 20 and 50 (annual and daily)

What I meant was PM2.5 does have a daily limit.

Hi Rohit,

I did check the panels u are using and updated the coloring as eea does. And I removed the (no limit) flag.

1 Like

Yes, perfect and looks great, well done thanks!

1 Like

Hello Andreas,
Hope you are well.
Some users on sheffieldair.ac.uk url has reported:
If you’re seeing this Grafana has failed to load its application files

1. This could be caused by your reverse proxy settings.

2. If you host grafana under subpath make sure your grafana.ini root_url setting includes subpath

3. If you have a local dev build make sure you build frontend using: yarn start, yarn start:hot, or yarn build

4. Sometimes restarting grafana-server can help

Is this something from this side? Thanks.

(p.s. same for .co.uk and other urls; although it seems to load on my browser normally but not on incognito)

Best,
Rohit

Hi Rohit,

thanks for reporting about this. It might happen that some users opted for having very strict tracking protection options enabled in their web browsers.

In order to shed more light on this topic, I just created Web browser enhanced tracking protection prevents embedded Grafana panels from loading. You might want to directly link to that page by attaching it to the footer legend by saying something along the lines of

Don’t see any panels? Please consider reviewing your web browser’s tracking protection options after learning more about it.

With kind regdards,
Andreas.

Hi again,

we just wanted to let you know that we will be upgrading from Grafana 6 to Grafana 7 in a few minutes, see also Giving the backend software infrastructure some love - Maschinenraum / Machine room - Hiveeyes.

This might yield minor hiccups while we are transitioning. Please let us know if you see any issues afterwards.

With kind regards,
Andreas.

Edit: The migration has been successfully concluded. I believe everything is still fine on https://sheffieldair.co.uk/.