dwdbulk is a library that enables users to access open German weather data provided by the Deutsche Wetterdienst (DWD). It aspires to acheive the following objectives:
- Comprehensive: Covers all relevant data made available by DWD.
- Accessible: With minimal code and similar interfaces, users can access full longitudinal span for weather stations, both for forecasts and historical observations; similarly users can easily access cross-sectional data for a Germany-wide view.
- Consistent: Data fields across different time frames and datasets are aligned (e.g. latitude and longitude always in decimal format).
- Python 3.7+ & Pandas: Uses ‘modern’ Python. Does not aspire to have a CLI or other interfaces. Is not backed by a database. Yields data in DataFrame format.
- Lightweight: Minimal dependencies.
- Linux: Given prevalence of containers and the potential maintenance overhead of Mac & Windows, only Linux is targeted for support.
It currently seems to implement acquisition of “observation” data  of
as well as acquisition of “forecast” data.